Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Kingwood
You likely don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you expect it’s draining properly so your Kingwood basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can stop draining for a couple of various reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t draining correctly, contact the Experts at Finch Air Conditioning & Heating to investigate the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease operating for a few different reasons:
- No power
- Lack of maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frosted over or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to verify your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is upright and not leaning to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not run when required.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and drains the water rapidly.
- During dry forecasts, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Finch Air Conditioning & Heating for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of security to defend your home from water damage, depend on the Experts at Finch Air Conditioning & Heating to confirm yours is effective.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 281-407-9478 or book an appointment online.