End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Kingwood Home
A normal home squanders 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water every year as a result of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters are easy to find. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or broken water supply lines can go unnoticed for too long.
A water leak can be expensive. You’re paying for surplus water you don’t need, and leaks can be catastrophic to your home.
That’s why it’s crucial to find and stop the slightest leaks.
Finch Air Conditioning & Heating is here to help you do just that. We have the skills for qualified leak detection and water line repair in Kingwood.
6 Signs You Could Have a Plumbing Leak
Locating and repairing leaks are the most popular calls we take for plumbing services. Finding a leak immediately can help you avoid expensive water damage. Some leaks can be more difficult to spot than others, but there are a couple telltale signs that you need to get in touch with a plumber in Kingwood. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is more expensive than average.
- Your pipes often make thumping sounds.
- There are rusty stains in your sink, or your water looks rusty.
- Floors or walls appear moist or soft.
- You notice water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s damp soil or erosion close to your residence’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you believe you have a leak but can’t find the signs, check your water meter:
- Confirm no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Look at the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is usually a triangular dial or tiny silver disc. If the dial is moving, you probably have a leak.
We can identify the origin of the leak and get it fixed before you spend more money or by chance damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the spots water is used in your home, there are numerous places you could find a leak.
Leaks can be caused by broken seals around water connectors, rusty pipes, clogs and more.
They usually happen:
- On water supply lines and connections below the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, especially kinds that are growing old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses connected to your washing machine
If you see signs of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we back all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 281-407-9478 or schedule an appointment online.