What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by partial fuel combustion frequently caused by insufficient oxygen. In your house, appliances that consume natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not operating correctly or have been installed wrong.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces may also create carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is fatal at high levels or with extended exposure.