Preventing it from happening is the most crucial place to start. Doing appropriate safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in La Porte.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when operated correctly but can create carbon monoxide when used for a long period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Confirm gas appliances are working correctly, including your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Finch Air Conditioning & Heating.