The last thing you want to happen is have your AC conk out on the hottest day of the year. Or have your furnace croak in the middle of a blizzard. Lucky for you, these dreaded situations may be easily prevented with our Precision Tune-Ups.
Precision Tune-Ups for your air conditioner or furnace will ensure efficient and stress-free heating and cooling. It may even help reduce your energy expenses. It’s a win-win! But before you hire just anyone for your routine maintenance, let’s get everything straight. No one else offers a more detailed inspection than your Finch Air Conditioning & Heating team in Kingwood.
When you enroll in our Precision Tune-Up plan, you’ll receive our full Heating Precision Tune-Up or our Air Conditioning Precision Tune-Up. Our technicians will also perform a visual system inspection to make sure everything is working smoothly. Our Tune-ups are complete and comprehensive. They include:
- Equipment cleaning
- Gas pressure and pilot adjustment
- Thorough lubrication
- Energy savings audit
Did you hear that our work will be backed by our 100% guarantee? When you go with Finch in Kingwood, you get the best. Browse through our coupons and call 281-407-9478 to schedule your next tune-up today.
Here is everything our expert Tune-ups involve:
Heating System Tune-up Steps
- Perform carbon monoxide leak test of heat exchanger/combustion chamber.
- Check vent system for obstructions and carbon monoxide leaks.
- Check heat exchanger for soot, cracking and deformation.
- Inspect gas valve for leaks, corrosion, restrictions, proper opening and abnormal noise.
- Inspect ignition assembly for proper lighting and flame monitoring.
- Check for any gas leaks.
- Check high limit controls and rollout switches.
- Lubricate blower, combustion and pump motors (where appropriate).
- Inspect air filtration system.
- Inspect gas burner system.
- Check and adjust manifold gas pressure for proper flame control.
- Check and tighten all required areas of the electrical system.
- Check operation of thermostat and adjust (if required, and if thermostat has adjustment capability).
- Check temperature rise across heat exchanger for proper temperature.(Diagnose if temperature is incorrect.)
- Complete operations sequence.
Air Conditioner Tune-Up Steps
- Clean condenser coil (outside unit).
- Check all electrical connections on outside unit.
- Check condenser fan motor for worn bearings and lubrication openings (where applicable).
- Check contactor points for burned or pitted contacts.
- Check condenser coil for degradation and corrosion.
- Connect Freon® gauges and electrical temperature and power consumption instruments.
- Check inside air return for air tight integrity and adequate filter grill surface area.
- Check air return in attic for air leaks and proper size.
- Check and clean blower motor and wheel (if needed), and lubricate motor (if applicable).
- Check connections to evaporator coil for air leaks and condensation.
- Check evaporator coil.
- Clean around the attic equipment and be sure all doors and connections are secure.
- Check for proper air flow for the system size.
- Check the ducts visually to see any obvious trouble with the duct system.
- Check thermostat for accuracy.
- Check outside unit through the entire operating mode to insure minimum power consumption and maximum cooling capacity.
- Disconnect all test equipment from unit (replace all panels and caps).
- Check Freon® gauge access ports to be sure they are not leaking.
- Check temperature difference across evaporator coil.
- Check refrigerant pressures.
- Pick up drop cloths from under the stairway.
- Inform homeowner of any needed repairs or upgrades that might be needed in the near future.