Your heating and cooling system is vital to a comfortable home and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Many homeowners take these functions for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever malfunctioned on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with urgent repairs, a spike in energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you could guarantee a constant supply of healthy, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should look into signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guessing out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to ask for tune-ups with Finch Air Conditioning & Heating, but we highly recommend enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so people often forget about requesting furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll get friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, consider these benefits:
- Uncover smaller problems right away: Issues with your heating and cooling tend to develop slowly. When a technician checks the internal components annually, it’s possible to locate and fix smaller problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of breakdowns: By securing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the risk of a mid-season breakdown decreases.
- Saving on repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected expense that minimizes the need for many major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Increase home comfort: When your home comfort system operates the way it should, airflow improves for even temperatures and more comfortable humidity in every room.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement costs.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit offers peace of mind that your HVAC system is performing safely.
- Adhere to your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they demand annual tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from expensive repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can typically anticipate same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your home comfort system? An HVAC maintenance plan allows access to the quickest installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance decreases the need for repair work, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance agreement entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are in some cases necessary, but they can get pricey fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you unhappy, our technician will return to make things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Finch Air Conditioning & Heating offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan offers and work with our staff to help you figure out the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Finch Air Conditioning & Heating office today.