When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water seems clear, it could still contain toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and well-being. Many people dislike the taste of tainted tap water and grasp the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have safe drinking water nearby.
If you want to safeguard your family’s well-being, you may first opt for going the bottled water plan. Sadly, this gets expensive soon. Plus, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It will also deliver healthier water more easily because you can get it right from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, helping you to make the most of the benefits everywhere you use water in your home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filtration system, learn about what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate unhealthy contaminants. Then, contact Finch Air Conditioning & Heating to help you find and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but a few of the most common contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that lawful water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap, providing you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of debris in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can become concentrated in the water main after severe storms. While generally harmless, sediment will make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban settings. Unfortunately, this disinfectant creates dangerous chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Certain DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more muddy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that healthy water doesn’t have to bring bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s setup, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Finch Air Conditioning & Heating, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to decrease water hardness, clear out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, simple and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Finch Air Conditioning & Heating office for help finding a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.