Air conditioners don’t run forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some things to think over, in addition to the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and maximizes comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to enjoy the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your house comfy. An updated air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Finch Air Conditioning & Heating, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you get new units simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any major imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these rewards:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at the highest efficiency, making your house comfier and reducing your ongoing utility bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have covered a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you could even be authorized for a discount since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Finch Air Conditioning & Heating. We realize the price of replacing your complete system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 281-407-9478 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.