Summer is usually a crazy time of year for many folks in La Porte. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any number of other fun activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded La Porte heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the La Porte heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Finch Air Conditioning & Heating a call at 281-407-9478 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is working at its peak in the La Porte heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it could also be an early indicator of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the La Porte temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than usual. It can help you cool down a bit faster so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.