As far as energy-efficient HVAC installation in La Porte, there’s great news for you this tax period.
The Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit has been extended through 2020. This can entitle you to incentives for energy-efficient home modifications, like modern heating and cooling systems, water heaters and heat pumps.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements?
To qualify for the reduction, the house must be the taxpayer’s main home in the USA. The improvement should have a life of a minimum of five years, with the original use starting with the taxpayer.
What Varieties of Changes are Eligible to be High-Efficiency Renovations?
Generally, this tax reduction equals 10% of the expense of the following energy-saving changes that match specified ENERGY STAR® requirements:
- Advanced main air-circulating fans
- Energy-efficient gas, propane or oil furnaces
- Energy-efficient gas, propane or oil hot water boilers
- Energy-efficient heat pumps
- Energy-efficient water heaters
- Energy-efficient central air conditioners
- Qualified metal and asphalt roofing
- Qualified exterior storm windows, skylights and storm doors
- Solar/geothermal energy products, for instance solar electricity, solar water heaters and geothermal heat pumps
Am I Limited to Claiming a Certain Amount?
Yes, there’s a lifetime max credit of $500 per home. This means if you have claimed this incentive in prior years, you should reduce any credit you previously claimed.
If you’ve previously claimed the max amount, you aren’t eligible for any additional reductions with this continuation.
Credit Caps for Certain Equipment
Incentives are limited for certain participating equipment:
- Windows and skylights—$200
- Advanced main air circulation—$50
- Hot water boilers—$150
- Energy-efficient systems—$300
If you have questions about how you can benefit from the extension of the residential energy efficient property tax credit, download Form 5695 or contact your tax advisor for assistance.
Enhance Your Heating and Cooling Equipment Today
Been procrastinating getting new heating and cooling units? Reach the Experts at 281-407-9478 or contact us online. We can help you find an energy-efficient system you can get tax benefits during the upcoming year.