Building a new residence? Upgrading your existing system? No matter why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you might shortly realize you have more alternatives than you initially thought. Follow this info to help you weigh four different solutions so you can find the right air conditioner in La Porte.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people think of when they picture air conditioning for the complete house. Central air conditioning circulates air to every room using a system of ducts and registers.
This could be right for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for nearly noiseless, convenient air conditioning.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps work just like central air conditioners. Many models can also offer heat when it’s cold.
This could be good for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- Your reside in a climate with temperate weather during the winter.
- You’re seeking one piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, rather than a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t use (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for nearly noiseless, energy-efficient home comfort.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet hovers at a consistent 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump uses this continuous well of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be ideal for you if:
- Your residence uses ductwork.
- You desire a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your residence for the underground loops.
This is a second style of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an interior blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your house, or a recent addition to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling separate rooms.
- You’re looking to install zoning in your house.
Still unsure which type of air conditioner you should purchase? Trust the Experts at Finch Air Conditioning & Heating for all things air conditioning! We can talk through your options and help you pick the right one for your home. Please contact us at 281-407-9478 to request an air conditioning replacement estimate today.