How Do You Check for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of vapors that could be in your Kingwood home. Natural gas and fumes that come from home furniture, carpet and paints. None of these gases are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Reach Finch Air Conditioning & Heating at 281-407-9478 now to start shielding your family against this harmful gas.


Why is Carbon Monoxide so Bad?

Carbon monoxide may be a major concern, so it’s not a matter to take lightly.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is dangerous because you can’t see it, smell it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in small amounts and can’t be purified.

2. It Can Be Deadly in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a side effect of burnt fuel. It can get into your home during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Based on how considerable the leak is and the ventilation in a residence, carbon monoxide can become lethal in within minutes.

Once taken in, carbon monoxide has a half-life of around five hours. If you are breathing pure air, it will take five hours to remove it from your body. It will take another five hours to cut that level by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Resemble Other Illnesses

It may also mimic conditions that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.

How to Protect Your Home from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no point to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are some ways you can do to keep your residence safe:

  1. Each residence with at least one natural gas appliance, connected garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide detector. You should have a detector on each level of your residence, including the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of all bedrooms. Don’t use a carbon monoxide system in your residence?
    Call Finch Air Conditioning & Heating at 281-407-9478 to get one. Ask our pros about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
  2. If you presently own a carbon monoxide detector, frequently test or put in new batteries. You should check batteries every 90 days, and get a new alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide alarm goes off, get out of your house immediately and phone 911.

Keep Your Family Safe with Help from Finch Air Conditioning & Heating

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the right precautions your home can be safe from the toxic gas. Take the precautions and call Service Experts at 281-407-9478 to learn more.