It’s frigid outside. Much of the country is layering up for some below freezing weather. And while the Experts are always eager to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents closed in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not working, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Finch Air Conditioning & Heating is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.