Booking regular AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Service keeps your AC unit in La Porte running at peak performance while keeping electricity needs low. It also can even help extend its life span.
While there are several jobs you can do alone, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Finch Air Conditioning & Heating, for AC checks and service.
Here are several steps you can take alone as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Checkup Scheduled
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that entails a hefty dose of home, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer temperatures approaching, it’s also a fantastic idea to add AC service on that list.
Spring is the perfect season to get your air conditioning system freshened and examined. Hesitating to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be risky. If you have to have repair or a new unit, you may be waiting a long time for a tech. And that might turn extremely unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened AC system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioning service might be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Complete a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your AC unit in the prime state:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters block airflow and may lower your system’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is very important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your home.
- Lawn maintenance near the outdoor condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your cooling system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free space. You should also clear any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your system, since this can block airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Finch Air Conditioning & Heating at 281-407-9478, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then our pros get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s running properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to provide secure operation.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working like they should and potentially stay clear of issues.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to remove any buildup from dirt and grass.
- Checking controls to double check your equipment is turning on, operating and shutting down properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that require further service, we are ready to offer you the most reasonable choice. Finding likely troubles promptly might solve more substantial issues later on. This also provides you time to strategize if your equipment is getting older.
When you need an updated cooling system, our Experts will work with you to choose the ideal solution for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new system more affordable. No matter what your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to book your tune-up? Give us a call at 281-407-9478 or schedule an appointment online right away.