Planning yearly AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Service keeps your AC equipment in La Porte operating at peak performance while keeping electricity needs low. It also can even help extend its life span.
While there are a couple things you can do alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Finch Air Conditioning & Heating, for AC examinations and service.
Here are several steps you can take alone as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Checkup Scheduled
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that involves a hefty dose of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer temps near, it’s also a fantastic idea to add AC checkups on that list.
Spring is the perfect season to get your air conditioning system scrubbed and examined. Hesitating to turn it on until the first warm day of the summer can be risky. If you have to schedule repair or installation, you may be waiting a long time for a tech. And that might turn extremely unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened AC system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioning service could be mandatory for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up Alone?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your AC equipment in the prime state:
- Put in a new air filter. Dirty filters block airflow and may lower your system’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the model you install, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is very important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your home.
- Lawn upkeep near the exterior condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your cooling equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free space. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have dropped into your system, since this can block airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Finch Air Conditioning & Heating at 281-407-9478, the initial thing we could do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then our pros get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s running properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide secure operation.
- Oiling to keep moving components working effortlessly and potentially skip issues.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to remove any buildup from dirt and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to double check your unit is switching on, cooling and shutting down properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that require further work, we are ready to offer you the most reasonable choice. Uncovering likely troubles in a timely manner might solve more substantial troubles later on. This also offers you time to save if your equipment is getting older.
When you need a modern AC system, our Experts will work with you to choose the best solution for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new system more affordable. No matter what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to book your checkup? Give us a call at 281-407-9478 or schedule an appointment online now.