Spring is enjoyable for many reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is usually at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning on your heat or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in La Porte and keeping bills down.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and scale down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power charges less expensive.
If your air conditioning equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to upgrade it. The energy-saving features in updated cooling systems is a huge advantage for keeping your power charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling expenses. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to efficiently use your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the smaller the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the cheaper your air conditioning cost will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your Space
You can try a couple other methods to help keep your home cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your home cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and correct the temp when you’re out to help you save on your bills. You can also change the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy charges down. If you figure out it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 281-407-9478 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the best product for your home. And as always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.